Stain Resistant Characteristics
Products with a stain resistant finish are labeled with our Performance Collection header tags, making them easily identifiable.
- Water based
- Cleanable with mild soap and water or dry solvents
- No PFOA or PFOS fluorochemicals
- Safe next to the skin
- Environmentally friendly
- Immersion finish coats the fibers (not topically sprayed on the surface)
The cleaning code for our performance fabrics with Stain Resistance is SW:
- Clean with water-based foam or upholstery cleaner, or dry cleaning solvents.
- Treat stains promptly. Remove fluids immediately by blotting with a clean, color-fast absorbent cloth. Remove solids with a flat object and vacuum with the proper attachment.
- Pre-test your cleaning method on an inconspicuous area first to determine if the color bleeds or alters the fabric. If there is any doubt, consult a professional cleaning service.
- Do not saturate, as it could leave a ring.
- Use a clean cloth and cool water to remove any cleaning solution residue to avoid a
For water based stains: Use water, or a water based foam or upholstery cleaner.
For oil-based stains: Use solvent or a dry clean solution. Apply cleaning agent to the cloth or sponge, not directly to the fabric.
Caring for your upholstery frequently reduces the build up of soil on the fabric. Regular gentle vacuuming with a proper upholstery attachment should be done to remove dust and lint.